Genre: fantasy, Genre: fiction, Publisher: Macmillan, Publisher: Penguin, Series: Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday: Guilty Pleasures

This post comes to you via Erika Breathes Books and Breaking the Spine. “Waiting on Wednesday” is a weekly meme where you post upcoming titles you’re eagerly anticipating.

I’m disturbingly behind in my book blogging; I blame that on all the traveling I’ve been doing lately, so please forgive me. Something else to blame on my travels – my guilty pleasure reading is disproportionately higher than my non-guilty pleasure reading. So what does this mean I’m looking forward to? These two:

Prince Charming Doesn’t Live Here
by Christine Warren
9780312947941, $7.99, St. Martin’s Press (MPS), Pub. Date: November 2010

Publisher’s description:

Danice Carter is not one for glass slippers. A stilettos-wearing lawyer at one of Manhattan’s most elite establishments, Danice has a very strong grip on reality. So when she’s asked by one the firm’s founding partners to take on a personal case, Danice knows she’s in for the opportunity of a lifetime. All she has to do is convince her top boss’s granddaughter, Rosemary, to file a paternity suit. Sounds simple enough…until Danice arrives at Rosemary’s home and is pounced on by a handsome stranger.

Private investigator McIntyre Callahan’s was only following his powerful client’s orders: Find Rosemary–“at all costs.” Instead, he’s found a super-hot lawyer prowling around looking for answers he can’t give. The half-human, half-Fae Mac tries to warn Danice that she’s way in over her head–that Rosemary may roam among The Others, and may have dangerous ties to the Unseelie Court–but she won’t be deterred. Even if that means following Mac to the ends of the earth to find Rosemary…or surrendering to his supernatural powers of temptation…until death do they part.
Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet #4)
by Nora Roberts
9780425236758, $16, Berkeley (Penguin), Pub. Date: November 2010

Publisher Description:
As the public face of Vows wedding planning company, Parker Brown has an uncanny knack for fulfilling every bride’s vision. She just can’t see where her own life is headed. Mechanic Malcomb Kavanaugh loves figuring out how things work, and Parker is no exception. Parker’s business risks have always paid off, but now she’ll have to take the chance of a lifetime with her heart.
Looks like late October/early November is going to be a busy time for me!

7 thoughts on “Waiting on Wednesday: Guilty Pleasures

1. Can I say yum about Prince Charming Doesn't Live Here. I have that book on my TBR already and can't wait til it comes out. Great recommend!Here's my WOW

Posted by TheBookishSnob | September 8, 2010, 1:29 pm
  2. Love the title of your first suggestion!!

Posted by Heather | September 8, 2010, 2:04 pm
  3. Thanks you two! Heather, I just realized I forgot to write my own thoughts about these two authors/series, so let me just say, Christine Warren was a recommendation from a friend and I quickly became obsessed and bought every single book. You should definitely check out her work if you haven't already.

Posted by Rebecca Fabian | September 8, 2010, 2:08 pm
  4. Prince Charming doesn't live here sounds like a fun read…thanks for highlighting it 🙂

Posted by TheBookGirl | September 8, 2010, 3:10 pm
  5. I hope that when you get your book, you enjoy it. Here is what I am Waiting On Wednesday for.

Posted by Lori | September 8, 2010, 5:23 pm
  6. Hi, Thanks for stopping by today. I don't know why I wasn't getting your posts until I did it through your comment. I also had to follow you again, wasn't I your first follower? I thought?

Posted by BookQuoter | September 8, 2010, 11:58 pm
  7. I'm looking forward to Happy Ever After. I loved the first book in the series but was disappointed by the next two. Crossing my fingers that I'll like this one.

Posted by Karen | September 17, 2010, 3:46 pm

My pick for best #NOLA #siba17 bookshop display. Gorgeous! Getting all sorts of great ideas for Halloween, right @quailridgebooks? . . .
#indiesfirst #instaread #instabook #bookstagram #booklover #booklove #booklover #bookworm #bookish #bookshelves #bookstagrammer #books #book #read #reading #readstagram @siba_books #siba What else do you do when going to an independent bookstore conference in #NOLA other than stop by the used bookstore?
#librairiebookshop #read #book #books #usedbooks #selfie #bookstagram #instabook #instaread #indiesfirst #siba17 I'm doing a thing!
I've partnered with @readwithme_raleigh to teach a #writingworkshop for children & teens (age 9+) for 6 weeks this fall. Participants get a bound book of their story at the end of the workshop, and we have an author event just for them! If you're in the Raleigh, NC area and want more information or to register your child, email christine@readwithme.us
#writing #teaching #workshop #childrensbooks #teen #teenworkshop #indiesfirst #booklove #read #reading #amwriting #amteaching #raleigh #northcarolina #readwithme #readstagram #instaread #instabook #instateach #bookstagram #book #writersofinstagram #write #writingcommunity #writersoninstagram #writersofig Loving the special edition poster that comes with the @lbardugo #WonderWoman #wwwarbringer signed first edition!
@quailridgebooks #leighbardugo #bookstagram #instabook #instaread #read #reading #booklover #booklove #indiesfirst #shoplocal #amreading #boomerang