Genre: YA/teen books, Publisher: Penguin, Series: Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday: Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood

Waiting on Wednesday (WoW) is a weekly meme hosted by
Breaking the Spine.
My posts about adult literary fiction are here:

Caleb’s Crossing by Geraldine Brooks

The Flight of Gemma Hardy by Margot Livesey
My posts about my guilty pleasure reading (romantic, often paranormal, novels) can be found here:
Prince Charming Doesn’t Live Here by Christine Warren
Happily Ever After (Bride Quartet #4) by Nora Roberts
Tempest’s Legacy by Nicole Peeler
Saint’s Astray by Jacqueline Carey
Timeless by Gail Carriger

My posts about YA/teen titles are here:
Witch & Wizard: The Gift by James Patterson & Ned Rust
The Piper’s Son by Melina Marchetta
The Mockingbirds, Book 2: The Rivals by Daisy Whitney
The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff
Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
My posts about middle grade titles are here:
The Pirate Captain’s Daughter by Eve Bunting
And now for today’s:
Born Wicked, The Cahill Witch Chronicles, Book 1
by Jessica Spotswood
9780399257452, Penguin, $17.99
Pub. Date: February 2012
A Great and Terrible Beauty meets Cassandra Clare in this spellbinding fantasy.”
Uh, yes please! Here’s the rest of the publisher description:
Everybody knows Cate Cahill and her sisters are eccentric. Too pretty, too reclusive, and far too educated for their own good. But the truth is even worse: they’re witches. And if their secret is discovered by the priests of the Brotherhood, it would mean an asylum, a prison ship – or an early grave.

Before her mother died, Cate promised to protect her sisters. But with only six months left to choose between marriage and the Sisterhood, she might not be able to keep her word . . . especially after she finds her mother’s diary, uncovering a secret that could spell her family’s destruction. Desperate to find alternatives to their fate, Cate starts scouring banned books and questioning rebellious new friends, all while juggling tea parties, shocking marriage proposals, and a forbidden romance with the completely unsuitable Finn Belastra.

If what her mother wrote is true, the Cahill girls aren’t safe. Not from the Brotherhood, the Sisterhood – not even from each other.

9 thoughts on “Waiting on Wednesday: Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood

1. I'm really looking forward to this and that's coming from somebody who isn't usually drawn to historicals. Great pick!My WOW

Posted by Petra @ Safari Poet | December 14, 2011, 2:10 pm
  2. I got an ARC of Born Wicked and it was amazing!!!!! Definitely a book to look forward!

Posted by Natalie | December 14, 2011, 2:18 pm
  3. i have an ARC of this one as well, and it's so pretty and satiny soft!!stop by my wow?!http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/arc-review-incarnate.html

Posted by Lindsay Cummings author | December 14, 2011, 5:56 pm
  4. I'm so in love with this cover. And the premise is riveting. I read an excerpt not too long ago and have been pining for it ever since.Have an amazing reading week!- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

Posted by A. Knight | December 14, 2011, 8:55 pm
  5. I've been seeing this around and it looks like a really great read. i love the cover as well!My WoW

Posted by Janiera | December 14, 2011, 11:01 pm
  6. This one sounds so interesting! It's definitely on my TBR shelf!Kelly Radiant Shadows | Waiting on Wednesday

Posted by Kelly | December 14, 2011, 11:16 pm
  7. I'm so looking forward to this one. This one looks like it will be a great read. Come check out what I pick for my WOW.GraceLivre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

Posted by Grace Fonseca | December 14, 2011, 11:53 pm
  8. I'm really excited for Born Wicked it sounds amazing and this cover is awesomesauce!!GiselleXpresso Reads

Posted by Giselle | December 15, 2011, 1:54 am
  9. Oh yes !!! I am so looking forward to this one!! Thanks for stopping by :)MaryAnnChapter by Chapter

Posted by Chapter by Chapter | December 15, 2011, 4:54 am