Uncategorized

This week’s Follow Friday (hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) features Book Savvy Babe and The Bursting Bookshelf.

The question is: What superhero is your alter ego?

This is a hard question for me to answer because I didn’t grow up following comics and superheros. Jacqueline Carey’s Phedre no Deluanay from her first Kushiel series is definitely a superhero in my book, and she actually is writing a series of books about a character known as Santa Olivia who is like a superhero to the town where she lives. So…basically Jacqueline Carey’s strong, kick-ass female characters are my alter-egos.

If you don’t know them, I highly recommend you check them out. The character, setting, and plot complexity is intense without being overwhelming; there’s unbelievable (in a good way) action and adventure; and love does conquer all but almost never in ways you imagine.

15 thoughts on “Follow Friday

1. I didn't know what to answer either. My mind went BLANK. This week's question is tough, and I can't believe I answered "Raphael" from Ninja Turtles. Too late to edit!!! I don't even know why Raphael popped into my mind… haha!New Follower.Here's my FF post

Posted by The Fairytale Nerd | October 21, 2011, 2:41 am
  2. I totally read Kushiel's Dart, very cool choice w/ Phedre! Thanks for following my blog, I'm following back! Have a great weekend! Book Savvy Babe

Posted by Book Savvy Babe | October 21, 2011, 2:43 am
  3. That looks interesting! I will have to check those out! New follower! My FF: Mom Reads My Books

Posted by Amie@Mom Reads My Books! | October 21, 2011, 2:58 am
  4. It is hard question! I'm not into superheroes and the only ones I know are Superman and Batman too. Happy Friday!New follower!http://thesagacityquest.blogspot.com/

Posted by Sagacity Quest | October 21, 2011, 2:59 am
  5. I haven't heard of this series, but will be checking them out on GR per your suggestion! I also had a hard time coming up with an answer this week (ended up being totally unoriginal) but like you I didn't read comics or really get into superheroes growing up. New followerMy Follow FridayKristan @ Lost Amongst the ShelvesP.S. Come check out my blog's first giveaway here

Posted by Kristan | October 21, 2011, 3:40 am
  6. I have not read them but they sound awesome.New Follower.Have a great weekend!Erika@Let's talk about books

Posted by Erika | October 21, 2011, 3:54 am
  7. Never heard of them, but I'll have to check them out! Interesting :)Your newest follower,MaryAnn @ Chapter by Chapter@chapterxchapter

Posted by MaryAnn | October 21, 2011, 4:06 am
  8. I picked Wonder Woman lol, following you from the hop, hoping you will follow me back at http://www.beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com we also have a book blog hop xx

Posted by f1917492-cefb-11e0-98fe-000bcdcb471e | October 21, 2011, 9:42 am
  9. Just hopping through! I’m a new follower! Please follow back: http://www.bethebooks.blogspot.com 🙂

Posted by sch_94 | October 21, 2011, 1:23 pm
  10. Hopping through. I like to find my superheroes in book characters too. Great pick!My Hop

Posted by Alison Can Read | October 21, 2011, 2:24 pm
  11. I haven't heard of Jacqueline Carey, will have to check her out. just hopping thru. Happy Friday

Posted by Shanella | October 21, 2011, 3:10 pm
  12. I haven't read this but I'm pretty positive it's on my TBR! You had a very original choice 😉 Great way to think outside the box!I'm a new follower!Happy Friday!- SarahSarah's Shelf

Posted by Sarah | October 21, 2011, 9:05 pm
  13. Okay never heard of Jacqueline Carey, will have to investigate this author. Good choice. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

Posted by Grace Fonseca | October 22, 2011, 12:25 am
  14. Wonder WomanNew follower, here's minehttp://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/

Posted by Sarah Brown | October 22, 2011, 2:17 am
  15. Hi there,Wow, sounds interesting, I have noted to read it's chucked on the TBR pile. New follower!!Michelle

Posted by Novels On The Run | October 22, 2011, 9:11 am