Uncategorized

This week’s Follow Friday (hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) features Book Savvy Babe and The Bursting Bookshelf.

The question is: What superhero is your alter ego?

This is a hard question for me to answer because I didn’t grow up following comics and superheros. Jacqueline Carey’s Phedre no Deluanay from her first Kushiel series is definitely a superhero in my book, and she actually is writing a series of books about a character known as Santa Olivia who is like a superhero to the town where she lives. So…basically Jacqueline Carey’s strong, kick-ass female characters are my alter-egos.

If you don’t know them, I highly recommend you check them out. The character, setting, and plot complexity is intense without being overwhelming; there’s unbelievable (in a good way) action and adventure; and love does conquer all but almost never in ways you imagine.

15 thoughts on “Follow Friday

1. I didn't know what to answer either. My mind went BLANK. This week's question is tough, and I can't believe I answered "Raphael" from Ninja Turtles. Too late to edit!!! I don't even know why Raphael popped into my mind… haha!New Follower.Here's my FF post

Posted by The Fairytale Nerd | October 21, 2011, 2:41 am
  2. I totally read Kushiel's Dart, very cool choice w/ Phedre! Thanks for following my blog, I'm following back! Have a great weekend! Book Savvy Babe

Posted by Book Savvy Babe | October 21, 2011, 2:43 am
  3. That looks interesting! I will have to check those out! New follower! My FF: Mom Reads My Books

Posted by Amie@Mom Reads My Books! | October 21, 2011, 2:58 am
  4. It is hard question! I'm not into superheroes and the only ones I know are Superman and Batman too. Happy Friday!New follower!http://thesagacityquest.blogspot.com/

Posted by Sagacity Quest | October 21, 2011, 2:59 am
  5. I haven't heard of this series, but will be checking them out on GR per your suggestion! I also had a hard time coming up with an answer this week (ended up being totally unoriginal) but like you I didn't read comics or really get into superheroes growing up. New followerMy Follow FridayKristan @ Lost Amongst the ShelvesP.S. Come check out my blog's first giveaway here

Posted by Kristan | October 21, 2011, 3:40 am
  6. I have not read them but they sound awesome.New Follower.Have a great weekend!Erika@Let's talk about books

Posted by Erika | October 21, 2011, 3:54 am
  7. Never heard of them, but I'll have to check them out! Interesting :)Your newest follower,MaryAnn @ Chapter by Chapter@chapterxchapter

Posted by MaryAnn | October 21, 2011, 4:06 am
  8. I picked Wonder Woman lol, following you from the hop, hoping you will follow me back at http://www.beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com we also have a book blog hop xx

Posted by f1917492-cefb-11e0-98fe-000bcdcb471e | October 21, 2011, 9:42 am
  9. Just hopping through! I’m a new follower! Please follow back: http://www.bethebooks.blogspot.com πŸ™‚

Posted by sch_94 | October 21, 2011, 1:23 pm
  10. Hopping through. I like to find my superheroes in book characters too. Great pick!My Hop

Posted by Alison Can Read | October 21, 2011, 2:24 pm
  11. I haven't heard of Jacqueline Carey, will have to check her out. just hopping thru. Happy Friday

Posted by Shanella | October 21, 2011, 3:10 pm
  12. I haven't read this but I'm pretty positive it's on my TBR! You had a very original choice πŸ˜‰ Great way to think outside the box!I'm a new follower!Happy Friday!- SarahSarah's Shelf

Posted by Sarah | October 21, 2011, 9:05 pm
  13. Okay never heard of Jacqueline Carey, will have to investigate this author. Good choice. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

Posted by Grace Fonseca | October 22, 2011, 12:25 am
  14. Wonder WomanNew follower, here's minehttp://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/

Posted by Sarah Brown | October 22, 2011, 2:17 am
  15. Hi there,Wow, sounds interesting, I have noted to read it's chucked on the TBR pile. New follower!!Michelle

Posted by Novels On The Run | October 22, 2011, 9:11 am

It came! It came! So excited to have received my gorgeous new @rebelgirlsbook book 2 in the mail yesterday! That's 2/2 GOODNIGHT STORIES FOR REBEL GIRLS books that I helped fund via @kickstarter, and I would help fund a dozen more at least. Also thrilled @quailridgebooks already has our shipment on order so I can handsell these through the holidays. #indiesfirst!
#readstagram #readwithme #readmore #reading #read #instaread #instabook #indiesfirst #shoplocal #bookstore #bookshop #bookshelves #book #books #bookrec #bookworm #bookish #booklove #booklover Today I sat down and read @theallycarter's newest book, NOT IF I SAVE YOU FIRST, coming out March 27, 2018, and I finished it in one sitting. That's how quickly I flipped those pages! I'm a huge fan of her HEIST SOCIETY series, and this one lives up to what I've come to expect from aa Ally Carter YA-thriller-romance. Read on for my review. Thanks to @quailridgebooks for my advanced copy! #booksellerlife . . .
Review: Ally Carter has done it again! I don't know how she manages to so perfectly balance a kick-ass teenage girl with just a pinch of over-the-top girliness, but she nails it every time. Basically this can be considered a contemporary retelling of The Paper Bag Princess, where the prince is the US President's son, the princess is the son's former best friend/daughter of the President's former body guard, and the dragon is a Russian operative. Oh and the setting is winter in Alaska. And because it's Ally Carter, while the girl clearly saves the day and rescues the boy, she also ends up with the boy because teenage love conquers all.
#readstagram #readwithme #readmore #reading #read #instaread #instabook #indiesfirst #shoplocal #bookstore #bookshop #bookshelves #book #books #bookrec #bookworm #bookish #booklove #booklover #fridayreads #quailreads #bookreview #yalit #teenlit #thriller #romance #notifisaveyoufirst Happy book release day, #amedyckman @ohorazachariah @littlebrownyoungreaders! πŸŽ‰πŸ“šπŸŽˆAm in love with READ THE BOOK, LEMMINGS!
New review & a staff pick for @quailridgebooks: Guaranteed giggles! Clever illustrations, Captain PB (polar bear, not peanut butter), a literary fox, and three very silly lemmings. Perfect for all storytimes, with opportunities to do character voices. It also imparts the importance of learning how to read without being didactic. My favorite picture book of the year!
#readstagram #readwithme #readmore #reading #read #instaread #instabook #indiesfirst #shoplocal #bookstore #bookshop #bookshelves #book #books #bookrec #bookworm #bookish #booklove #booklover My latest #cookbook display @quailridgebooks! Strong books by strong women for strong women.
#readstagram #readwithme #readmore #reading #read #instaread #instabook #indiesfirst #shoplocal #bookstore #bookshop #bookshelves #book #books #bookrec #bookworm #bookish #booklove #booklover #cookbooks #strongwomen #strongnotskinny #strongwoman #quailreads #merchandising #display